Follow these step-by-step instructions to seamlessly integrate your products to your eko Space
To upload your products to eko, you can either integrate us with your shopify store or upload a CSV. file with all the necessary information. If you don’t have either of these options available, please contact customer support and we’ll help you get started.
Follow along for step-by-step instructions in order to manually integrate your products with Google Sheets. After your inventory is in your eko Space, you’ll be able to connect your products to any eko Project in that space!
Product Inventory Integration with Google Sheets
- In a separate tab or window, open the “eko Product Inventory Template” on your computer.
- Click on tab, “File”, in the top left hand corner. Once the drop menu opens, select “Make a Copy” to make your own copy, and rename it according to your inventory.
- Once you are in your own copy of the template, click the “Share” button in the top right. Under the “General Access” permissions, select the option “Anyone with the link”. This step is necessary in order for eko systems to be able to access your file.
- You may add new columns for your own use, but please do not edit the column headers of the existing columns. This ensures that eko systems can scan your product inventory properly.
- Now it’s time to fill it out! Input all your products and relevant information for each column. Remember: this isn’t permanent– after the Google Sheet is integrated, any changes made in the sheet will automatically update in your eko Space.
Input the name of the product that your shoppers will see. If you’d like, you can add an additional column after the column “link” for your product’s internal name.
For this column, you can add the numeric or alphanumeric digits that are used to identify this product. Your shoppers will not be able to see this information during their interactive experiences.
If you decide to leave this column empty, please do not delete it.
Here, list all the tags specific to the product that will be used to differentiate your products in your eko experiences. For example, if you will ask your shoppers what fabric they prefer, be sure to include tags that detail the product’s fabrics.
Image URL (optional)
Input the product’s image URL from your Product Details Page on your online store. This column is optional, so if you decide to leave it empty, please do not delete this column.
If you’d like to showcase your pricing in your experiences, input the product’s price in the following format: $00.00 . This column is optional, so if you decide to leave it empty, please do not delete this column.
Currency Code (optional)
If using CSV integration a new column needs to be added called ‘Currency Code’. The user needs to input the suitable currency symbol required (only from the below supported list). If no currency code is imputed within the cell the default would be $ USD.
- USD = $
- GBP= £
- EUR= €
- ILS= ₪
- JPY= ￥
Please do not delete this column.
Provide the URL for the product’s specific Product Details Page.
- Once you have filled in all the necessary information, double-check every cell’s information for accuracy.
Please see the table above for instructions specific to each column.
- Once you have ensured that your file is ready to be uploaded, select the “Share” button on the top right corner and double-check that the “General Access” permissions read “Anyone with this link” so that eko can properly import your inventory. Then, copy the shareable link by clicking on the “Copy Link” button in the bottom left corner.
- Next, open a new tab or window, go to the eko Platform, and sign in to your eko account.
- Click on the space you’d like to import these products into.
- Click on your space’s name in the top left corner and select “Space Settings”.
- Select “Integrations”. Then, under “Product Inventory”, select “Google Sheets”.
- Once you select “Google Sheets”, a pop-up should appear (for reference, please see the screenshot below). In the space allotted for “Spreadsheet URL”, paste your file’s shareable link.
- Once you’ve copied your file’s link, click “Connect”.
And that’s it! You should now have access to your product inventory in your eko Space by integrating with Google Sheets. If you would like to make any changes to your products as they appear in your interactive experiences, all you have to do is make the changes in your spreadsheet, and eko will automatically update your products!
If you have any questions, please reach out to our customer support team here.